Friday, January 05, 2007

BUSY!

We have lots going on this weekend!
Tonight we are taking Alex to an open house for a dance studio in town. I am pretty sure we are going to sign her up for lessons. It’s tap/jazz/ballet and there is even a recital in June! I am having a Dana/Libby moment just thinking about it- how is my little baby girl old enough to be in dance classes??? I am sure I will ball during the recital. I cried just thinking about buying her tights and ballet shoes!

Tomorrow we are taking the little princess to the Family Museum here. Trying to get in as much time with just the 3 of us as we can. I am sure once the baby gets here it will be a zoo and we won’t get much time with just Alex. We took her last weekend to see Happy Feet- she loved it. Next weekend we will probably go to see Charlotte’s web and my personal hell- Chuck E Cheese. It’s amazing how much your life revolves around you kid. Gone are the days of thinking “hmmm, what should I do this weekend? Go to the mall? Go see a grown up movie? –which new restaurant in town should we try?”
It’s worth it and I wouldn’t go back to just being me and Ryan for anything. It’s just funny to see how much a kid changes you!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm getting to that point where I wouldn't want to go back, but I have to admit that I have moments where I still miss my old life.

Buffie said...

I do miss it from time to time too. I just keep telling myself it will go back to that once the kids are off at college. ..or Nun/priest school like Ryan is hoping for!

dana0225 said...

I think we all have those days where we want a more "spontaneous" life or just back like the old days. But then they do something cute and you remember how lucky you are. Plus, once they are 18...RJ says they are out of here.

Steph said...

Ummmm, no comment......