Monday, January 15, 2007

Weekend review

Really, I can pretty much guarantee this blog will have nothing interesting in it. I am going on about 3 hours of sleep and I am very cranky. My in laws were here all weekend. It was actually a nice visit. They stayed at a new hotel in town that has a mini water park in it so Alex had a really good time. I did actually squeeze my fat-@ss into my maternity suit (it’s amazing how much lycra will stretch) and spent about 2 hours in the pool! It was so nice to have the weight and pressure off my back and hips for awhile. I am sure I looked like a beached whale with my huge stomach, but I really didn’t care. This is Iowa- so that’s about how every woman looked in the pool. At least I had pregnancy as my excuse! Hahaha!

So last night we started getting this storm. Well the sleet on the windows was really loud and freaking Alex out. So by the time I got to bed, she was already in it. I am sure she spent about 5 minutes in her bed after I put her there and then crawled right into mine. I didn’t mind though, I know storms can freak kids out. Well she is like sleeping with a fish out of water. She flops around SO much, I got NO sleep. I have hardly been getting any sleep anyways due to getting up to pee every hour and not being able to get comfortable (until about 5 minutes before I have to pee again) SO – needless to say, I am very tired today. Normally a large cappuccino on my way to work does the trick, but I am really trying hard not to have any caffeine. That may last until about 9am today, but we will see how it goes.

OH! …and the other part about all this- I am not going to lie to you- I really though that schools would be closed today, so I would have a chance to lay around the house, play Polly Pockets all day and take a nice big nap this after noon. Lucky me, Davenport didn’t get that much though so all the schools are in. Nice. Oh and it’s not like I get to go home after work today either- it’s dance lesson day so a late night for us. I am praying Ryan will take her tonight and then maybe I can get a quick nap in during that. I could be a good wife and mother and make them dinner so it’s ready when they get back from dance class. I think I will let Pizza Hut cook tonight though.

5 comments:

dana0225 said...

You poor thing, get the cappucino!
And definitely order the pizza!

Buffie said...

UPDATE: I did get the coffee and I am 99% sure we are going with Pizza tonight! I am OVER it today and it's now only 9:30 am- 7 hours to go!!!

Sarah said...

You need to take it easy for the next few weeks. I know how you feel, it sucks! Everything takes so much energy.

A little caffiene is ok!!

Steph said...

Pizza, pizza, pizza!!!!

Allergy Mom In Training said...

Girl I am so on this boat with you. Hip pain GO AWAY!