I am completely terrified and want to move now. I don’t know where too, but somewhere. There has been 2 girls not that have gotten their houses broken into at work.
These 2 girls both live within a mile of me. With me being at home alone at night since Ryan works nights I am scared to death and freaking out! I want to move to that neighborhood that never has break-ins! I realize that for 1, this is the time of the year with the highest crime rate, and 2- there is no perfect neighborhood that never gets broken into, but still!!! You guys would be laughing at me- I now go to bed with the front and back door lights on, a light on in the living room, kitchen, bathroom and 2 of our TV’s on. I also lock the loud baby gate on our stairs. The baby gate is so if someone is breaking in and trying to get me, them getting that baby gate unlocked will wake me up. I will at least have time to grab my baseball bat under the bed! Not that that is any match for a gun if they have one, but still. It makes me feel better. Now when Ryan is home, I don’t have a single light or TV on, nor do we even lock the damn doors. I don’t know why I think Ryan can save me against some lunatic with a gun, but for some reason I do!
Wednesday, December 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I do the SAME thing. Not to that extent. But when I'm home alone I lock ALL the doors. I lock my bedroom door. I sleep with the phone next to me. But when Jeremy's home, everything is wide open!
Did you know our old house had a panic button next to the bed? The lady who lived there before us was scared of everything and the house had 2 alarm systems and the panic button. Strange.
I would be scared too. I'm a big chicken and always have the phone by me if RJ isn't home.
As long as the dogs are home, I am fine. Doors are unlocked and wide open, windows open,....I think nothing of it. If the dogs happen to be at the kennel for a night, then the doors are locked, cars are locked etc. Glad to know I'm not the only one who does this stuff!
All doors are always locked at my house, and I never leave the windows open (Do you know that is how Jessica Smart was taken, they came through an open window _ I've never slpet with the windows open since then)
I'm always a chicken, I partly wish we had a gun. But when Jack isn't home I sleep with lights on and the TV so I don't hear noises in the night.
Sarah - I would have had all those alarms in that big house too!
But "they" (who ever "they" is) say that is you have a dog, a person is much less likely to break into your house. It doesn't matter how big the dog is, it;s just something that can make noise. So you're good Buf!
Even after that research, I STILL can't get a dog!
Post a Comment