Friday, December 01, 2006

Let it snow

I really feel like a huge blog slacker lately! I feel like you guys have 3 or 4 in by the time I get a chance to do another one. I never feel like I have much to say- so I will just ramble, and we will see what happens.

Ok so this weather is crazy! We got about 8 inches in Davenport. EVERYTHING is closed! (except my office of course). So Ryan is home playing “Daddy daycare” with Alex today. This should be interesting when I get home. I am guessing there will be a box of pizza sitting on the counter from somewhere (if anywhere) that delivers today. There will be about 3 sippy cups on the end tables along with 3 empty cans of soda. She will probably still be wearing her pj’s when I get there. If not, they will be on the floor somewhere and she will be wearing an outfit that doesn’t match at all. Every toy she owns will be out and on the floor in a million pieces. Wish me luck tonight girls I will be busy cleaning that mess up!

I am really in the Christmas spirit this year. I have 95% of my shopping done. I just need a couple other little things- stocking stuffers and teacher gifts and then I am done.
I have a cookie exchange I am going to next week. Yes I know this is So not like me to be involved in one of those, but I am pregnant and it involves cookies so I am in! We have to make 9 dozen cookies each! That’s 108 damn cookies! I get to COME home with that many though so I guess it all works out ok. I was going to pull a Dana and make gingerbread men- with little icing faces and buttons made with those tiny m&m’s, but when I heard how many we had to make, that changed!!!
What else, what else… oh! I am on a mission to find a great Christmas CD too! So if anyone knows of one let me know. I would just download and burn one, but I don’t want to subscribe to some website and mess with all that. I would just use it this once to make the perfect Christmas CD and never use it again. I might break down- we will see.

Ok so that’s all for now…

4 comments:

dana0225 said...

www.limewire.com

Go there and you can download music for free. You don't have to give credit card info. or anything. I use it constantly to burn CDs and RJ loads up his MP3. They have everything, you will love it. You don't get pop-ups or anything from it, very safe.
A good CD that we like is Christmas with the Rat Pack, all the old favs with Bing, Frank, etc.

And what kind of cookies are you making? I always did that at work, hopefully you don't endup with a bunch of gross ones.

Steph said...

We use Itunes, but I still can't come up with a great one. I have one I made from last year, but it's still not perfect. And that is too much work -- I want to buy one!

And I found those free music sites put too much spy wear on your computer. We used one with our last computer and I swear it just never worked right after that.

Oh, and what are you going to make? We should have a cookie recipe exchange!

Jonathan H said...

Haha.

Your description of Ryan's daycare mess sounds very familiar, but not only would all their toys be on the floor, but their toy bins as well. :)

Sarah said...

We didn't get a single flake of snow in Mason City! But I did just have to pay someone to plow our driveway in Elburn.