Friday, December 15, 2006

Adding to the terror

Ok so if I wasn’t freaked out enough… the DAVENPORT police department called us last night! They said that there have been so many break ins that they were calling everyone in the neighborhood to warn them and give safety tips. They called about 30 minutes before Ryan had to lave for work so I was hysterical. So of course after I go through my 15 minute routine of making sure everything is locked up, I try to go to bed. I couldn’t sleep at all. At about 12:30, Millie started barking her head off! She went on and on for 25 minutes! I didn’t go down to check on things, I just kept hoping it was a bunny in the yard or something. So then at 2am, 3:45 am and 4:40 am she does it again. I know that it wasn’t someone trying to break in at each of those times, but needless to say I got about 2 hours sleep at best last night- if that. I almost hope that one of the times she went nuts it was these creeps trying to break in and Millie made them just check our house off the list and they moved on. I KNOW I am overly paranoid about this, but the fact that the PD called about it just sent me over the edge!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I would be scared too. Do you have pepper spray?

Buffie said...

No but that's a good idea. Between that and my baseball bat, I should be safe!!!