Monday, December 11, 2006

So what did everyone do over the weekend? Anything fun?

I was a little worried that my weekend was going to be a nightmare, but it turned out fun! My parents came here to do some Christmas shopping. I am done- and try to get done by this time every year to avoid the crowds. They needed to go though. So the 5 of us (mom, dad, Alex, Ryan and I) piled into their tiny PT cruiser and headed to the mall. The 1st store we went to was the Disney store- it was PACKED to say the least. It was the 1st store though so it didn’t bother me too much. Plus, people seem to be nicer too you when you are pregnant, so everyone got out of my way! Then after that, the mall was pretty busy, but the actual stores (at least the ones we were in) weren’t bad at all! So we had fun.

My parents gift to us was a new digital camcorder. They wanted us to pick it out though so we went to Best Buy and got one! YEAH! I am so excited about it too because it’s all kept on it’s own hard drive. So there are no tapes, DVD’s, or memory cards or anything. You just plug it into your computer and click on “BURN TO DVD” and poof, it’s done. Not to mention it’s actually smaller than our regular still digital camera so I don’t have to lug some big thing around. Oh all this technology is so fun.

Sunday, Alex and I made a Gingerbread house! It turned out pretty cute considering the main person making it was 3! Ryan taped it all so that will be the start to our CHRISTMAS 2006 DVD I plan on making. Well it isn’t “taping” anymore but I don’t know what else to call it. I will call it “taping” like my dad still says “ice-box” instead of refrigerator I suppose!

4 comments:

dana0225 said...

I can just hear you..."back in my day we used to tape stuff". Too funny! That is an awesome gift.

Sarah said...

I have ZERO Xmas gifts!!! I take that back...I have Jeremy's ornament. I better get moving.

Steph said...

Is Ice box like calling US Foods, IFP or Vactor, Peabody Myers?

The ginger bread house sounds like so much fun, will you eat it?

Buffie said...

I don't plan on eating since 1/2 the stuff fell on the floor and we put it back on the house after brushing dog hair off it. You could eat it though.

Don't worry, my normal baking doesn't end up on the floor, but I let Alex take charge of this which is why all the gumdrops fell, and sprinkles went flying....etc...