Blog oh Blog- sorry I have neglected you. Things have been crazy at work, so I haven’t had time for you!
Ok so I FINALLY found a new swim suit for the summer and our vacation. Let me tell you, it has been an ordeal. I didn’t want to do the skirt thing because I am not 50. However, I am slightly past the age that I can wear a glorified thong! It seems there is nothing in between. I did find some bottoms that worked, but the tankini tops were too short and I am not about to be showing my belly after having kid #2! Why not a 1 piece you may ask? Again- my torso is so long, those never work. Not to mention they seem to just draw attention to my not so flat belly! I did find one that worked but it was $65 for the bottom and $65 for the top. HELLO! The bottoms are nothing more than lycra underwear really! Vickie’s secret doesn’t even try to charge that much for underwear! I don’t know how those people can sleep at night charging so much for that!!!
It was starting to look like I would be the one in the pool with shorts and a tank top on, but my new favorite store in the world pulled thru for me. Yes Steph, Penny’s saved the day again! I got this cute blue number that actually covers the bottom and the tank part is long enough. It’s actually pretty and I like AND it was on sale, so I didn’t need to take out a loan for it!
Now I just need to find a suit for Alex. She has the same problem with the torso thing so this should be fun! I have already bought 3 and have had to return them. (trying on suits on a 3 year old in the store is not an option! I have to buy them and try them at home…) Boys are SO easy! I just bought Ryan and Ty some trunks and they are done. Trunks always fit with no problems!!!
Wednesday, May 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I was having the skirt issue too! I hate spending so much on something that I really don't want to wear. Glad to hear you found one.
jGuys have it made. They just buy their pants and shorts by waist measurement. But WE have to figure out what size we wear in what brand. Depending on the brand, my bottoms range 6 sizes.
Guys do have it made!!
I would rather buy a swim suit then jeans. Jeans are the worst for me!!!
I hate buying jeans! Some, I have to buy in short, others average, blah blah blah. Some stores I am one size and other stores I am 4 sizes bigger. What a bunch of crap! I will have to try Penny's for a swim suit. I don't want to wear a one piece, yet I don't want a bikini because it'll just draw attention to my ugly scar. UGH!
Post a Comment