Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Bueller....Bueller....

So as part of my job, I have to teach the new-hire training classes and some refresher classes for our employee’s. Some of the information is REALLY boring. Just #’s and laws and boring stuff like that. I really do try to liven it up the best I can, but the material really is boring stuff. So today I go over there and about 10 minutes into it I start asking some questions (trying to keep them engaged you know) they all just look at me the kids on Ferris Bueller. I honestly almost starting saying “Bueller, Bueller…anyone, anyone…..” but then I figured these young kids (21ish) probably don’t even know who Ferris Bueller is!!! So I just did the best I could. THEN 3 of them fell asleep a little while later! Now I know they all went out last night and were hung-over, it was 8am and I was teaching them about state laws, but COME ON KIDS! This isn’t school, it’s your CAREER! You can’t just fall asleep!!! I started calling them out, but they didn’t seem to care. I would say “Hey Brian, wake up and tell me what the liability limits are in Illinois”. I would get the shrugged shoulders and “ugh, ah, oh” (slurred version of “I don’t know”). Nice. I was really irritated, but now I have been back to my office for while and I don’t know if it’s the rain or what, but I feel like I could drift off at any minute too. I guess I can’t get too mad at them. It’s just one of those days that everyone feels like sleeping I guess.

Hence- why I am blogging right now- TO STAY AWAKE!!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I was thinking the same thing...this is their JOB!

Steph said...

Yeah, I can't say I even fell a sleep during work, school, yes.